Friday, June 8, 2012

Geek...fashion??

Now, I've been a bit of a slave to youtube videos. So, let's break that streak! I promised nerdiness and by god, I will deliver! So let's begin...with fashion!

Source
 For reference, I have shown fashion's antithesis.

Now that I have finished shoving some kind of currency down a mannequin's crotch, I will proceed! I have found that being a nerd that produces menstrual fluid provides is full of pros and cons. The pros? Conventions! D&D! Comics! Zombies! The fine Doctor Who! The goddamned BATMAN! But the downsides? Though there seem to be a decent amount of nerdy girls out there, retailers seemed to be unaware of out existence. Most nerd stores will have some kick ass t-shirts. But not a lot that account for boobs. But with the internet, at our fingertips lay a cornucopia of retailers who are slowly satiating the female nerd  population. And I will let you know, I will not link to something unless you can buy it! First off:

link
And, yea, there was a place in for boobs in her shirt

I have this shirt and LOVE it. Not only it is a lovely purple, but it hugs the waist and looks good! It's from amazon (click on the link to snag one for yourself!). When I was at the Doctor Who convention in Cardiff, Wales, I saw another girl with this exact shirt. Proof that not only will this shirt hug your figure, it'll make you an international traveler. But where will you place that traveling money? In your geekchic wallet, of course!
link
Click on the "link" to get it. Get it? Link?

I've linked to stylin online because it gives nice details of the wallet, but they charged me seven dollars for shipping, so screw them, get it at the forbidden planet website for cheaper. I've also seen it in Game Stop. I've also got several compliments on this from non-nerds who just thought it was a neat design and classy wallet. Not only that, it has a clear slot for your license so you never have to take out your ID again! But wait! There's jewelry!

link
"I'm just playing D&D!" I yelled while flailing my head back and forth. 
To be honest, I've only recently come out as an RPGer. I have older siblings; they tease me often. I didn't want to temp fate. But now that I'm out I must say...it's amazing! I suck at the actual math n' fightin' bits, but I can channel a manic hobbit eerily well. Also, I killed a walking staff turning into a dinosaur the other day. So I'm pretty much a pro. And, with these earrings, no one could doubt my sheer professionalism at killing Jurassic sticks. And now for the geek dress...

link
Clearly the dog, unlike myself, is unimpressed.
Now this is the kind of dress my boyfriend would buy me if he had money and the kind of dress I would buy me if I had money. It's retro; it's geeky. It's cute. And what would be the perfect end to this geek fashion medley?
link
omigodshoes

I am one of those few geeks that has no plans for the zombie apocalypse. Because I'd die. True to nerd stereotypes, I am blind without my glasses and a terrible klutz. One swift trip and I can no longer tell a zombie from a particularly ambitious shrub. So, though I can't say I'd survive the zombie apocalypse, I can say I would look damn good in these heels.

Wish you all the best in your upcoming stylish and nerdy adventures! Remember, smart is the new sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment